SRK's Precast Counterfort Retention System (PCRS) has a long history of innovation with engineered solutions, designed to bring sustainability and precision as well as ease, safety, and speed of installation. As a counterfort wall system, SRK simplifies on-site installation and eliminates shoring while providing the performance required by the most demanding roadway, railway and sea wall applications. Read more below to learn about SRK's innovative solutions.
Roadway, Railway & Seawall
The Precast Counterfort Retention System (PCRS) is designed in accordance with American Railway Engineering and Maintenance-of-Way Association (AREMA), American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) and State Department of Transportation (DOT) codes, based on load resistance factor designs with service level checks where required by code.
A Long History of Reliability
SRK's partner and patent holder, All The Walls Inc., has over 30 years of experience supplying clients like SRK with innovative high-quality and cost-effective precast designs for railroad, highway, and seawall applications with a flawless track record.
Building & Installation
One of the key features of the PCRS wall is the elimination of shoring normally associated with the installation of retention walls. By utilizing the "slot-cut" installation method, temporary shoring, which may be required for other wall types, is eliminated. Therefore, the overall wall cost and construction time is greatly reduced compared to other wall options. The horizontal counterforts are placed in excavated slots that are cut into an existing embankment so that shoring is not required. In addition, counterfort foundations reduce the wall bearing pressures, and result in less overall settlement potential.
Unique and simple system
SRK's Proprietary Wall System (PCRS) wall offers a unique and simple solution to multiple construction challenges. The flexible wall has no mechanical connections, yet has very strong and rigid structural component. High quality precast concrete is used resulting in high durability and superior corrosion resistance. The horizontal counterforts internally stabilize the wall, providing pullout resistance against the lateral earth pressure exerted on the retaining wall internally stabilize the wall, providing pullout resistance against the lateral pressure exerted on the back of the face. The result is a innovative, cost saving wall with no mechanical connections necessary.
- Excavate “slot cuts” into existing sloped embankment
- GPS enabled excavator digs slots to line and grade
- Slots cut at each counterfort location, typically 15’ on center
- Slot cuts are excavated 4 or 5 feet wide with a backslope of ½:1
- Slot cut excavation stability is evaluated by the geotechnical engineer
- Temporary excavation plan is submitted by the contractor prior to excavating
Installing wall panels
- Wall panels are set and secured while backfill is placed
- Backfill pressure and friction lock the wall panels in place
- Wall panels are typical sizes
Install Miradrain, Fabric and “Burrito” Drain
We also specialize in:
- Caisson Precast Panel Retention System (CPPRS)
- Precast Counterfort Retention System + Mechanically Stabilized Embankment
- Precast Panel Soundwall System (PPSS)